Underground Dungeon 041-050

41 – Burrow

“Just how far does the fluffy nest continue?”

It should be a good depth judging by how far the flare fell down to.

After the last one becomes light, I collect the dropped items and move my attention to the burrow.

And then, there was a change in the burrow.

The burrow which was only large enough to fit one rabbit expanded to the size of a passage.

“Yeah, I won’t even be surprised anymore.”

Mysterious things are very likely to happen.

While being wary of traps, I proceeded carefully.

And then I finally reached a dead end.


 

42 – Opportunity

It was a dead end, but there was something like treasure boxes placed along the wall.

“Three…”

Yes, there were three of them.

The things I couldn’t find out with my previous necklace.

I think I can finally find out now, just thinking about it makes my chest tighten a bit.

This time, there is a wall on the back, so I can’t open it from behind like before.

So, this time I hit the lids with my pickaxe.

I strike all three while praying that I don’t destroy anything of value inside.

Seeing as nothing was happening, I squealed and opened the lid.


 

43 – The details

In the boxes, there was a ring, a bracelet and strap of some kind that I don’t understand what it is.

After confirming the surrounding’s safety, I appraised each item.

Ring of Hardening: Reduce physical damage when worn

Anti-body bangles: Purify poisons, viruses and other harmful substances.

Choker of fortune: Increases the drop rate of rare items. No of uses (1/1)

“So, that’s it.”

I understood after looking at the description of the choker of fortune.

I’m sure the necklace disappeared because I got the appraisal skill.

I returned home feeling as if I was floating.


 

44 – Rabbit Meat

Returning home, I take out the meat from the refrigerator.

This is the rabbit meat that I pickled in honey.

“By the way, what’s the other name for rabbit meat?”

Cherry blossoms for horses and buttons for boars, was it? (idk what this means - 馬ならサクラ、猪ならボタンとか)

Well, I don’t really care.

This time I was just going to check the tenderness of the meat, so I’ll lightly grill it and eat.

“Hmm, the appearance didn’t change much.”

However, the moment my knife cut into it, there no resistance whatsoever.

“Eh?”

Although it kept its shape, it felt as if I was cutting into water.


 

45 – Fat

Just to check, I cut the un-pickled meat and it was firm and I felt a little hardness.

“Is this the effect of the honey? But isn’t it too abnormal?”

It looks like the dungeon’s honey isn’t normal.

And so, I’m going to sample it.

“Yeah, both are good.”

I haven’t eaten too many good things since I was little, so I can only give a crude opinion.

But it was delicious, there is no doubt about that.

Those pickled in honey melt the moment you put them in your mouth and the sweetness that oozes out of it is irresistible.

On the other hand, the other one is just cooked and has a strong texture, it’s chewy, but the more you chew into it, the fragrant and sweet fat goes down your throat.

Yeah, it’s delicious.


 

46 – Disappearance

When I woke up the next morning, the choker had disappeared.

The ring and bracelet remained as they were, is it a matter of usage frequency?

But I was still satisfied with this.

The first thing that I picked up was without a doubt the necklace that gave the appraise skill.

Hereafter I have to keep in mind to appraise before putting anything on.

While thinking about such a thing, I was lazing about on the veranda until lunch.

“I do need a day off sometime!”

However, I must also think about the future.


 

47 – Worries

Where am I going? To the dungeon, of course.

I don’t know how many floors there are.

Will the monsters not come out once the floor has been cleared through?

I ended up thinking about various things.

About meat in particular.

“Yes, meat is important. It’s something you have to eat on a regular basis.”

Eventually I started thinking out loud.

There’s a total of two types of meat that I have right now.

However, at this time, one of them is of the bat.

Since it is not no longer being repopulated, I’m wondering if I should clear the second floor.


 

48 – Rematch

I’m standing in the beehive room at this moment.

In this search, I’m showing the results of the rabbit hunt.

I also levelled up.

Level: 4 HP: 50/50 Skills: Appraisal, Good-Luck (Minor)

“Yeah, I don’t feel like my status is only this much…”

Stats such as offensive power or defensive power are not visible.

Other than HP there is no visible change in the status.

And this makes me feel uneasy.

“Well, if it doesn’t work out, maybe I’ll run?”

While I was muttering.

Boom Boom I could hear the humming noise approaching.

“Just like the bat.”


 

49 – Subjugation

Adjust the timing, and swing.

Just do my best with all my heart.

A sound like hitting a fire door (防火扉) is heard.

And then a giant bee was rolling on the ground.

I jumped before it got up, and then attacked it without fear of being counterattacked.

It turned into light and disappeared.

“Hoo, I see.”

I could afford to attack like that because there was only one.

However, if there were two or more then I’ll have to find out if this method works or not.

Things have slowed down after finding the third level.

“I guess I’ll go home for the time being.”


 

50 – Rise

Now, let us think about the sound the fire door made when it was hit during the subjugation.

My power isn’t that strong, it shouldn’t be that strong.

The bee falling was part of the pattern.

And level up.

Up until now, even if I don’t acknowledge it, my physical strength has improved.

Even just by looking I can tell that my walking speed has improved.

Regarding strength, it is enough to grip the cheap handle of the pickaxe very easily.

It may have improved just because I’ve been walking around carrying heavy stuff.

I look forward to raising the levels I’ll need in the future.



Prev   Index   Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment