Underground Dungeon 071-080

71 – I can’t sleep

Speaking of hollow trees, weren’t the hiratori trees in the dungeon also the same.

And this is the place where I sprinkled the skin of the hiratori fruit.

There is no doubt in my mind.

Looking at the cucumber, looks like I chose a wrong place to plant them.

After dinner and a bath I dove straight into bed.

I’m going dive again but first, I’m going to take a long nap.

Well, it’s still early and I’m not sleepy, I can’t sleep.

“Well, I’ve decided not to go today…”

While murmuring that I stepped into the dungeon.


 

72 – Pitch Black Forest

I reached the third layer without encountering anything.

Is it in sync with the outside world? The floor is pitch black.

I started the search, carefully paying attention to my feet.

Since there’s no proper path I’ll just move through the grass.

Of course, it makes a similar sound.

I wonder if I’ve just announced my location to the other monsters.

The pitch dark forest is surrounded by large trees.

I occasionally hear the sounds of insects around me.

All of this makes me incredibly anxious.

“Hah, the forest at night is scary…”


 

73 – Crunchy

I took a small break resting my back on a large tree.

From here, I can’t even see the passage leading to the third floor.

Though my mind wandered off for a bit, I was snapped back into reality when I heard something inside the hollow trunk of the tree.

A crunching sound like something scratching was heard from the inside.

I knocked on the tree and the sound stopped.

What was it?

“Hmm, there’s no use thinking about it too much, I’ll find out eventually.”

Then from the top of the tree above my head, I heard a squeaking sound.


 

74 – Weapon

As soon as I heard that sound, I jumped ahead.

I turned around and there was a centipede, making it my second encounter with the creature.

“Now that I think about it, I didn’t appraise the item that I got from the previous one.”

I hadn’t tested as the purple colour of the bottle looked poisonous.

I think centipedes do look poisonous, so it probably is.

Considering it’s a drop from the caterpillar, this too cannot be stated definitely.

“I’m glad I have appraisal…”

If I knew the opponents weapons, I could understand how to fight them, so I continued.


 

75 – Forget the appraisal

“Let’s just try to not get bitten.”

The opponent also notices and draws closer.

I swing my pickaxe at it but it avoided as it moved faster than expected.

Just saying that it avoided wouldn’t be right, it coiled around the pickaxe and turned its face towards me.

“Shit!”

I let go of the pickaxe and swing the kitchen knife at his face.

I was able to cut off the head, I almost gagged because of the feeling but I stayed alert.

A few seconds after that, the movement of the centipede stopped completely.

“Ah, I forgot to appraise again.”


 

76 – Lysate

I picked up the dropped item and appraised it.

Centipede’s Lysate: A liquid that centipedes use to dissolve their prey.

“Scary!”

Be it the bees or the centipedes, I don’t like the insects in this dungeon.

I barely won this fight, so levelling up is a priority.

“But why is the name written horizontally sometimes…”

Maybe, this isn’t the only dungeon out there.


 

77 – Tree Crevice

I continued to explore but I didn’t come across any lizards or rabbits.

I sat down and observed the ceiling, which was filled with many blue dots resembling stars in the night sky.

“Really, what’s going on?”

I rested my back on the large tree and the crunching sound was heard again.

“Oh?”

I looked up at the tree cavity that I found earlier and lit it up with my headlight.

Illuminated by the light, the bats rushed out.

When it came out, it was certainly small in size, but it soon became huge.

They look exactly like the bats that I saw before.

“Meat, Get!”


 

78 – Bat Hunting

These are opponents who I’ve defeated many times, I was able to defeat it without any difficulty.

I felt a little stronger than before.

It rotated its body and tried to bite me.

Their attack methods are increasing.

As I looked around the trees and saw many similar crevices on the trees.

“So that’s it, this is how you look for monsters in this hierarchy.”

Understanding this, I’ll continue hunting the bats around here.

Continue hunting as it is, or return home.

The outside was already bright.

“I’m really sleepy…”


 

79 – I slept too much

“Hmm…”

“Oh, you woke up.”

When I came to, Aunt Okada was sitting on my veranda.

“Good morning?”

“Ha ha, its lunchtime already.”

I rubbed my sleepy eyes and looked at the time, it was already 2 o’clock.

“Ha ha, looks like I slept too much.”

“It’s okay, it’s the countryside. People after they become adults like to take things slow.”

“Well, I wonder if there are many people who would like to get out of their busy society and schedule.”

“I don’t know, the land here is cheap, that can also be a reason.”


 

80 – Donut

“By the way, Auntie coming here is rare, did something happen?”

I totally forgot to ask her why she was here.

Then,

“I ate the jam you gave yesterday with a donut, and it was delicious. So I came to thank you again.”

She lifted the small paper bag next to her and showed it to me.

“Because the donuts were delicious, I ended up frying a lot more than I could eat, so I came to give you a few. Please take them.”

 


Prev   Index   Next



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment