Underground Dungeon 061-070

61 – Hiratori Fruit

Hiratori Fruit: Sweet fruit growing on the Hiratori Tree.

“Hmm?”

Until now, plants were never part of the floor’s hierarchy.

It means edible plants have finally made their appearance on this layer.

One was rolling around near my feet, so if I look straight up, I see many similar nuts growing there.

“Doesn’t look like there is any poison, let’s taste it.”

I brushed off the soil and peeled off the skin. And carefully took a bite.

“Wow! Sweet!”

Because there was only one fallen, I kicked the tree to get more.


 

62 – Making Jam

I fit around 20 in one hand and shoved them into my pocket before checking the time.

It was 21:28, I had spent more time exploring than I realized.

Let’s end today’s exploration here.

I returned home, washed the Hiratori fruits with water, peeled them and put them in a pot.

Sprinkled sugar and stirred them over high heat.

As the water starts to boil, I use the spatula to crush the fruits.

Mixing in the dungeon’s honey and mixing again so it doesn’t boil.

The aroma is filled with sweetness, I feel happy just smelling it.


 

63 – Toast

I prepared another pot next to it and sterilized the jar, the lid and the spoon by boiling it.

Cool it a little after taking it out and draining it before filling it up with jam.

After confirming the lid is properly closed, I need to wait until it reaches room temperature.

I couldn’t wait for it so I made toast in the meantime.

I scooped up a little and spread it over the toast before eating it.

“Ah! This is delicious!!”

The sourness that I tasted when I only ate the fruit is gone.

I could feel it a little bit.

However, it seems I made a little too much.

I looked at the table and the ten jam filled jars that were kept on it.


 

64 – Greeting

After enjoying the toast, I put the now room-temperature bottles in the fridge and went to sleep.

 

“Hmm, I slept well!”

I did some stretching after getting up.

I take out two of the bottles that I kept in the refrigerator last night.

“No matter how delicious it is, you can’t eat it alone.”

Today I’m not going to the dungeon, I’m going next door (おすそ分け).

Just 100 metres away from the house, is another house with an orange roof.

“Good Morning! Are you home, Uncle Mitsui?”

I started with a cheerful greeting.


 

65 – Aunt Mitsui

“Hmm, Isn’t it Satoshi? Are you in trouble or something?”

Instead of uncle Mitsui, a skinny old grandma came out.

“Ah, Aunt, I made jam!”

As I hand it over,

“I’m quite confident in it, can you try it?”

And continue.

“Hou, thank you! I’ll gladly take it.”

Aunt took it with a smile so naturally I’m happy too.

“Well then, I’ll deliver it next to Aunt Okada!”

Let me know what you think about it, saying that I left.


 

66 – Aunt Okada

Both Uncle Mitsui’s house and Aunt Okada’s house lies on either side of my house so I pass by my own home as I make my way to Aunt Okada’s house.

About 50 metres away, you’ll see a house with faded roof tiles.

“Good Morning! Are you home, Aunt Okada?”

After knocking on the gate, I push open the gate as it makes a rusty sound.

I was greeted by the large spread of dirt in the front.

“Yes, yes, I’m here. Oh, it’s you.”

Did something happen? She asked gently.

“Yes, I made some jam. I gave some to Aunt Mitsui as well.”


 

67 – Coming Out

“Ah, thank you, thank you. But you didn’t force yourself to make it, did you? Show me your wounds!”

Wounds? I looked at my arms and legs and there were many scratches. Maybe I was cut by the grass.

“Ah, I didn’t notice them at all!”

“Be careful. You can’t take cuts lightly, ok?”

“Yes! I’ll be careful in the future!”

I should disinfect these wounds, the dungeon is underground after all.

“Such a thing can happen as well…”

She laughed at me.

She doesn’t believe it. Yes!

“This jam is also made from the honey and fruits that I got from the dungeon.”

I will explain as such.


 

68 – Bright Red

“Well, it’s a colour that I don’t really see very often.”

“Yeah, but it’s delicious, so tell me what you feel about it.”

“Yes, like I always say, if you need any help, come visit me.”

After saying that much, she went back in.

Lately, the tools other pouch have also gone some changes.

The pickaxe that I use as a main weapon.

Usually, I used to come home to wash it as the handle would be bright red after using it.

But now, it is always clean.

Recently, the pattern on it has been very clean and beautiful.

Part of the blade was dyed red though.


 

69 – Nap

If you think about it not falling off even after washing, it has to be one of the effects of the dungeon.

Other than the appearance, everything has changed.

I don’t think of it as anything bad.

Looking over the fields from the veranda, there is some empty space remaining.

I tried scattering hiratori skin on the field to use it a fertilizers.

I didn’t even think about planting so I buried the seeds as well.

“If I look at it, I’m quite free right now…”

I decided to take a rest today, so I won’t go in the dungeon.

“Should I take a nap after all this time?”


 

70 – Growth

I hear the sounds of the wind chimes.

“Hmmm…”

After raising my sleepy body, and I rubbed my eyes and the scenery was dyed madder red.

“Ah, I wonder if I slept too much.”

The ice in the glass had already melted.

“Yes, Lets clean up a bit!”

I noticed that I was getting rid of farm tools I had left out.

What’s this?

Next to the beautifully grown cucumber, a 5 metre tall tree was growing.

I have an idea but bit I can’t believe it.

When I knocked on it the contents were hollow.

“Are you serious…?”



Prev   Index   Next



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment