Flame User 1-13

 1-13 Goodbye to the city of the west.

We took lodgings away from the area where the commotion had occurred.

We didn't inform them of the angelic rampage, and entered the inn with casual faces.

The room was cramped for three people, but as soon as we entered the room, I felt exhausted.

"Haa ~~~~~~...damn, I'm tired.”

"I didn't think... angels would come to kill me.”

“Don't worry, that little fat angel is naked and burnt to a crisp. His hair and privates were all on fire, and he looked good.”

“Oh, the hair there?”

“Oh. I guess angels have hair, too. Ha-ha-ha!”

“Hey, you! Heal my mouth, heal my mouth!”

“Oh, Aishera. There you are.”

Aishera, who had been hit by my mouth ulcer attack, held her mouth and was in tears.

“Hmm, I guess you're not sorry yet. You'll have to stay like this for a few days...”

“I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Ouch, ouch, ouch!”

"Hahahaha. It can't be helped...”

I touch Aishera's cheek and channel the curse power to heal her mouth ulcer.

Relieved by the pressure on her cheek, Aishera glares at me.

"Oops, next time I'll give you a cavity, okay?”

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no...”

“Okay, okay, that's enough, both of you. Let's think about the future.”

“The future? You're going to buy a horse and go to the Blue Kingdom, aren't you?”

I drank water from the jug in my room.

It felt good after using the fire.

“...But now that the angel has targeted me, the danger level has increased. I'm not sure if the Blue Sapphire Kingdom will accept me.”

“If it's an angel, I'll take care of it. That little fat angel was no big deal.”

"Big idiot. That angel is of the twelfth rung, the lowest of the angelic ranks. Still, he's a cut above the rest of us.”

"Hmm. Well, we'll make it work.”

My flames could burn an angel.

When combined with spells, it can be a powerful technique. Besides, even the weakest angel is only that weak... and I wasn't serious at all in the first place.

“Let's go buy a horse or something. I want a big, cool one.”

"...You're so naive. There were angels here not too long ago.”

“I'm not sure I want to go out on the town right now.”

“I don't know. I'll get you one. You know, a horse!”

“"............””

Well. Let's go buy a horse!!!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

“Horse, horse, horse, horse... ♪"

I went out for a walk to buy a horse.

It's been a while since I've been alone. The last time I was alone was as an errand boy.

"You can buy a horse at a stables, right?”

Stable.

They say there's one in every town... but I don't know where it is.

The whole town was normal. The little fat angel ruckus hadn't come this far, apparently.

I walked around the town at random, looking for a stable...

"Oh, is that it? There's a sign that looks like a horse!"

I found a stable.

There is a big sign with a horse's face on it. Moreover, the building is also quite large.

As soon as I entered the building, I saw a horse....

"What? There's no horse there.”

"What are you doing?"

"Um, a horse, please.”

The inside of the stable was empty.

Dogs, cats, and other animals had taken the place of the horses. The owner of the store was sighing.

He was looking at me and letting out a sigh...what the hell is going on?

"There's no horses here, as you can see. A big trading company just bought them up.”

"What? What the hell?”

"Didn't you see the angel appear? The big merchants bought up all the horses in town and left... oh dear.  I was going to run too, but as you can see, my legs.”

"Yeah..."

The old man who owned the store was missing one leg.

“Damn it... those merchants took advantage of my lack of legs and bought a horse for a couple of bucks. I tried to chase them, but the merchant group's guards knocked me down. I also broke my prosthetic leg...”

“Old man... are you okay?”

“Oh... dear. It's time for me to take over my family's tool shop.”

"Huh? Oh, no. You have a job.”

"Well, yeah. I'm a horse dealer. I like horses.”

"............”

The old man at the stables looked lonely as he saw the empty stables.

"Old man. Are you going to quit the stable?”

“I think I'll go back to my grandmother's tool shop in the country... there's no way I'm going to end up in a town where angels have appeared.”

"...Granny's tool shop in the country?"

I have a feeling of déjà vu... oh well.

"Is there any way to get home, old stableman?"

"Well...we'll figure it out. I'll buy a new prosthetic leg, buy a ticket for a carriage ride... No, I'll run out of money just to pay for the prosthetic leg... Well, if I don't have money, I'll just walk home.”

"I'll… take that one!”

"What?”

I picked up one of the white dogs that was lying in the stable and presented it to the old man.

"Sell me this dog!! The money... yes!”

"Hey, hey! You got a lot of money...”

"No problem. This white dog looks expensive, noble, and expensive, right? It's worth fifty gold pieces.”

"Hey, idiot. That's a stray dog...”

"I'll take it then! You can give me the change at the old lady’s tool shop!”

"Sure… Hey!”

With that, I left the stable with the dog in my arms.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

“Woof! Woof!”

"I'm sorry. I'll be responsible for whatever I buy... but I'm broke."

The white dog followed me around, wagging its tail to see what made me happy.

I bought it on the spur of the moment, but I don't know what to do with it.

I can't just leave him there... oh well.

"Let's go back to the inn for now. It's true that all the horses were sold, and it looks like we have lots of money, so it doesn't matter."

"Kuu!”

"Yes, yes. I'll make you dinner when I get back.”

“Woof! Woof!”

And I took the white dog back to the inn.

I was glad that there was no one at the reception desk of the inn. I went back to my room with the white dog...

"Huh, Flare! Welcome back!”

"Well, there you are.”

"I'm back, Prim. Well, Aishera, looks like you're gonna get a cavity this time.”

"Hmm. If you can do it... hey, what's that?”

“Woof!”

“Dog.”

"I know a dog when I see one. What happened to the horse?”

"Oh, they sold out of horses. The merchants bought them up to get out of town."

I shrugged my shoulders and saw Prim's eyes twinkling.

"It's so cute... can I touch it?"

"It’s okay, isn't it?"

"Princess! You can't touch that filthy furball with your bare hands.”

"It's so cute!"

"Kyuun ..."

Prim stroking the white dog, and the white dog squinting pleasantly.

Aishera was trembling, but Prim ignored her completely. I'm glad she likes the white dog.

"Huh... hey, where's the money by the way?”

"............."

"Hey.”

"Uh, well, the money's turned into this white dog, I guess.”

"What?”

"I'm sorry.”

I was beaten by Aishera… I will accept it this time. Yes.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

The next day.

We were to head to the sea town on foot.

I heard that there were some horse-drawn carriages, but thanks to the little fat angel fiasco, they were all cancelled. I heard that they didn't mind if we went on foot, so we had no choice but to walk.

I had to carry all the luggage... they said it was punishment for spending money.

"Keep walking.”

"Yeah, yeah.”

"Aishera, stop being so mean."

"I'm not being mean. It's his punishment for using our street money for such a white dog.”

"Mmm... it's cute. See?”

“Woof! Woof!”

I said casually at the exit from the western town to the sea town.

"Well, what do you want to name this one?”

"Well... she's a pure white bitch, so let's call her 'Whitey Lilienthal'.”

"No, how about 'Brightening Hurricane' as in dogfighting?"

"My bad. You guys shut up."

It's too fucking long and too lame. These guys have zero taste.

I guess... white dog.

"...All right. From today on, you are ‘Shiranuhi Shiranui’. Are you ready?"

“Woof! Woof!”

And so, with the addition of our new canine companion, Shiranui, we headed west to the sea town.

I hope we don't get into any trouble...oh well.


To support this translation and read ahead, kindly consider supporting me on patreon!


Prev    Index    Next


Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. There's not understanding the common sense due to being 1000 years out of sync and then there's idiocy. Spending all their traveling funds on a stray dog is the latter.

    ReplyDelete