Underground Dungeon 111-120

111 – Tea

When I thanked them, he responded with,

“This is our thanks for the delicious jam.”

I happily rushed back home.

After putting it in the incubator, I returned to the Mitsui house with some hiratori fruits.

Cut some and let’s have it with tea.

“I knew it, the tea uncle makes is delicious after all.”

“Hahaha, I’m glad you think that. You brought a really delicious fruit, so I have to, right?”

“If that’s true, then I grow it in my garden anyways, I will bring it here again.”

I was stopped by Aunt Mitsui as I finished saying that.

“Is the fruit still there? If it is, can I get some?”

And she said that.


 

112 – Crack

I ran back to the house, stuffed as much as I could into my bag and went back to the Mitsui house.

“Aunt! I brought it.”

And as I passed it to her,

“Thank you, I was actually thinking about making a little jelly.”

I nodded.

“After it’s done, I’ll put in the refrigerator at your house.”

“Thank you! I love the sweets you make.”

We laughed with each other a little and the tea party was over.

Now, for the incubator,

I heard from Uncle Mitsui that it takes around three weeks to hatch.

However, when I reached home, it was already cracked.


 

113 – Chick

I quickly removed the egg from the incubator and the egg hatched in my hand.

Because this egg was special, I was thinking that it was going to be a monster.

However, contrary to my expectations, it was a blue-haired chick.

“Coloured chick? No, cute is cute.”

It squeals as it walks around on my palm.

It’s not that it’s not cute.

I was thinking of building a small shack outside.

There is only one of you and you’re so small, so I need to rethink about you getting lonely.

I pulled out a drawer of my old clothes and packed them away to make the chick a home.


 

114 – Cucumber leaf

“Hmm, what does this chick eat?”

If it was an ordinary chick then it might’ve been okay with commercially available food…

But this thing was born from a mysterious egg in the dungeon.

It may only eat very specific foods, I don’t know.

While I was thinking that, the blue chick jumped out the drawer and I followed it out to the garden.

“Oi! That’s dangerous!”

I said, but the chick didn’t stop until it reached the place I planted the cucumbers in.

Then it began to pluck the leaves that were still attached to the plant.


 

115 – Bait

Are you eating those leaves? I check its mouth to see.

It looks like it was eating the small insects there.

“Oi Oi, don’t overstuff yourself, I’ll buy you proper food tomorrow.”

Pi! It replied in a small voice.

The next morning, I immediately headed to the supermarket.

For the coloured chick I came to buy unohana* (卯の花).

I bought it, but can a bird eat unohana?

“Hmm, can you eat it? Let’s go to the pet store just in case.”

Then at the pet shop, I bought some multigrain feed.


 

116 – New Species

Returning home, I put the chick in a backpack and went to the Mitsui house.

“Uncle, are you in?”

As I called,

“Oh, come in, come in.”

I heard this reply.

Uncle was sweating while watching TV.

Is it after work…

As I stopped there, the chick jumped out of the bag.

“It’s the first time I’ve seen a creature like this. It must be a new species, it has to be since it hatched in a day.”

That.

I nod to his statement.

“Is unohana and multigrain feed good for it?”

I asked.


 

117 – Naming

 I got a reply from the uncle.

As I said my thanks and was about to leave, I was stopped by Uncle.

“Satoshi, why don’t you give it a name?”

That’s right, I regret to admit that I completely forgot.

“Thank you for reminding me, I’ll think of a name.”

So I replied.

When thinking about what to name it, I was worried about whether it was a male or female.

Then I remembered that I could just appraise it.

Now that I think about it, I’m getting more careless.


 

118 – Aoi

I used appraisal.

Blue Chicken: Can be raised.

Was displayed.

I see, judging from the name, it can be raised just like a normal chicken.

I decided to name the chick ‘Aoi’.

It’s simple, but I wanted to give her a cute name because it was a girl.

The appearance of such a cute chick changed after just one night.

“Ah… Eh? Aoi?”

When asked, it replied enthusiastically.

The mature, transparent blue wings were beautiful.


 

119 – Sapphire

“The feathers despite looking hard are quite soft to the touch.”

Because it looked like beautifully cut sapphire.

No wonder it looks hard.

What is with these wings? As I said that, Aoi’s green eyes were looking at me.

“Aoi, I’m going out for a little bit, be a good kid, ok?”

I tried going in the dungeon but Aoi came flying and rested on my shoulder.

“Well, looks like I can’t help it.”


 

120 – Predation

Run away if it’s dangerous, okay? I said as we went down the stairs.

While I was hunting the rabbits, Aoi suddenly jumped from my shoulder and towards a caterpillar.

“Aoi, it’s dangerous!”

I was too late though, Aoi bathed in the caterpillar’s acid head on.

I tried to finish off the rabbit and run over to Aoi.

Aoi shook her body and then pecked the caterpillar.

Then, slowly the caterpillar shrunk and was devoured by Aoi.

“Ah?... Eh? Huh??”

 

Prev   Index   Next


-------
*TN: Okara
Okarasoy pulp, or tofu dregs is a pulp consisting of insoluble parts of the soybean that remains after pureed soybeans are filtered in the production of soy milk and tofu. It is generally white or yellowish in color. It is part of the traditional cuisines of JapanKorea, and China. Since the 20th century, it has been used in the vegetarian cuisines of Western nations.

This is what Wikipedia gave me. It said Unohana redirected to this, or either the cypress flower. But since it was used as a food reference I think Okara is the correct one.





TN 2: The author uses really weird sentences. -_-
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment