Underground Dungeon 081-090

81 – Return Home?

I ended up having tea and donut with Aunt on the porch.

Yes, it’s delicious.

Hey see, I said and pointed at the hiratori tree.

“I made the jam using that tree’s fruit, it’s only been two days and the tree has already grown this big.”

“Well, that tree… there’s something really mysterious about it.”

Yes, yes, I nodded as I listened to her.

Such time also came to an end.

I remembered as I bid her farewell.

“Aunt, I have a lot of meat I can secure in the dungeon, should I bring some back?”


 

82 – Warehouse

“Ah, is it okay? That place feels kind of dangerous?”

We talked a lot about the dungeon so, I was a little shy.

“It’s okay. I got a lot yesterday and I can’t eat all of it alone.”

So I showed the buckets full of meat that I stored in the warehouse.

“Dungeon meat doesn’t go bad so it’s not a problem to have a lot.”

Her smile twitched looking at the warehouse.


 

83 – Time Zone

I parted with Aunt Okada and headed towards the third layer again.

“Ah, finally its day time, a dark forest is indeed scary!”

I’m looking for the similar tree crevices like the ones I found last night, but I’ve yet to find any.

“That’s weird? I was sure I saw many of them last night…”

I rest my back on the trunk and the crunching sound is definitely there.

Maybe, all or some of the monsters are following different time zones.

“But, if that happens…”

It turns out that there is a way to get these monsters out of their trees.


 

84 – Cowardly Lizard

“Okay, let’s try it!”

I grabbed the pickaxe and swung it at the tree.

A hole was opened in the tree trunk and a rabbit jumped out from it.

“Okay, so it was you…”

Almost at the same time as I murmured this, it came out of the grass from behind me.

The Giant Lizard.

“So this is how it works, I won’t let you get away this time!”

Level: 6 HP: 75 Skill: Appraisal, Good Luck (Minor)

I confirmed my level that I raised by hunting bats and I stood in front of the rabbit.

“HaHa, cowardly lizard, Come on!”


 

85 – Strength of the level

The giant lizards while facing me growls out a threatening sound.

“The perfect target for my experiment has arrived. Let’s see just how much my basic abilities have increased with the level!”

Jumping up, I swing the pickaxe towards the lizard.

The lizard tries to avoid it, but not as quickly as it used to.

The pickaxe pierces the head that was protected by scales rather easily.

“Ah, eh?”

The lizard makes a last whimper and then disappears.

“Is this the power of my level? No, I still can’t be sure.”


 

86 – Lizard’s Tail

While I was confused, I was suddenly attacked from behind.

“That hurt!”

I fell forwards due to the shock and when I looked back, the culprit was a rabbit.

“I forgot… that’s right, your house was destroyed.”

After taking care of the rabbit, I looked at the items dropped by the lizard.

Giant Lizard’s Hide: Very sturdy lizard’s hide.

Giant Lizard’s Tail: Under processed Lizard’s tail.

I see, it’s a new food item.

“But, for the lizard… or its tail rather, how do I cook them?”


 

87 – Smoked

“Okay, I’ll try smoking it.”

The lizard’s tail alone is 60cms, so I’ll end today’s exploration here.

Back at the house, just in case I’ll inform the fire department before starting.

Since the Mitsui Family and the Okada Family don’t live that close, there won’t be any problems with the smoke.

Since there is no actual smoker here, just bring out the brazier and light up the charcoal.

Place the lizard’s tail on the net and cover with a bowl.

I worried about the fat falling on the flame, but it can’t be helped this time.

“Still, over half of it is left, is it okay to save it?”


 

88 – Stripped cucumber

I leaned my back against the hiratori tree that has grown more than 10 metres.

I chew on stripped cucumber as I sit here worrying about the smoker.

“Un, I wonder if its fine.”

The crunchy texture and the slightly green colour the cucumber leaves is pleasant.

“Ah, bad. Did I fall asleep?”

As I hurriedly removed the bowl, a brown coloured tail was revealed.

“Ha, I’m glad there was no fire, I’ll need to find a way to pass the time.”

I wanted to try a bite. The hardness before cutting was so non-existent I almost didn’t believe it.


 

89 – Sake

“Hmm, the smoky smell! I can’t stop myself!”

It would be great if I had sake with it.

“Well, I can’t drink anything that’s not sweet, so it doesn’t matter!”

If I drank wine or whiskey, a new world may have opened up for me.

But this is all there is to it.

A sore throat that reeks of alcohol.

You shouldn’t drink unless you enjoy it.

It’s rude to the sake, the farmer and most of all the people who worked hard for it.


 

90 – Fall

I packed the remaining meat from the brazier into a bag and refrigerated it.

“Next, if I can beat the lizards, I’ll move onto the next floor.”

I dove into my futon and didn’t leave till morning.

Before the alarms even sounded, a loud thud woke me up.

“Hmm, what?”

I haven’t heard anything about a moving neighbour or any construction.

I was worried because I had no idea, but I understood as soon as I looked into the garden.

Some hiratori fruits were laying around.

Perhaps, this was the sound of them falling.

 

Prev   Index   Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment