Underground Dungeon 031-040

31 – Crashing Death

What came out of that hole with tremendous speed was none other than fluffy!

However it came out with such speed that it crashed into the fixed pickaxe and disappeared as light.

Due to the size of the fluffy and the size of the hole, only one can pass through at a time.

As the light continuously appeared, I was able to somehow appraise the thing.

Rabbit: Long haired rabbit

Yep, it was a rabbit.

It seems that the rabbit’s confusion had calmed down after about 5 minutes and the death caused by crashing into the pickaxe also slowed down.

Anyway, what do I do with this item…


 

32 – Lack of exercise

Rabbit Fur: long and fluffy hides

Rabbit Meat: Under exercised rabbit meat

“Yes, lack of exercise.”

Even if you can run that fast, a lack of exercise is a waste.

I started exploring again and soon found the stairs going down to the third floor.

Like the previous layer, there is a chance that this floor may also not reset.

I never saw any monsters on the first floor after I started exploring the second floor.

If… if I continue down the floor.

There is a chance that I’ll never see fluffy again!


 

33 – Unpleasant Sound

If I return back now, there is a chance that I’ll have to encounter the bees again.

But the most important thing to consider is the level.

Level: 3 HP: 40/40 Skill: Appraisal

“Level 3… I’m a little uneasy about exploring the next floor.”

Although I came to the second floor after becoming level 2, I couldn’t even fight the bees properly.

Then

“Let’s go down after I can fight the bees head on!”

So I said, aloud.

As I was climbing the stairs to the first floor, I heard a sound from behind.

A light squeaking sound…


 

34 – Regret

“What’s that sound?”

Looking around left and right there was only wall, and nothing on the floor as well.

Then, I look up at the terrifying ceiling.

There was a giant centipede there.

As I avoided the falling centipede, it fell on the floor with a sound and started swelling up.

“Damn it, why didn’t I see you before!!”

I suddenly noticed as I said out loud.

Of course, this is a dungeon, so it’s okay for monsters to re-populate (リポップ).

And just like that, with the search time of about half a day.

I regretted that I thought that I had seen all the monsters on this layer’s hierarchy.


 

35 – Centipede

But, I can do it now!

Having made my decision quickly, I moved.

I used the kitchen knife and sewed the centipede’s head on the ground.

The centipede wrapped its body around the kitchen knife and disappeared as light.

Apparently the insects here don’t have any guts.

But still it was relief that it hadn’t fallen on my head, if that happened…

I ended up thinking about that.

Actually, I was able to properly beat it.

Honestly, this might as well be a fluke.

No, I’m thinking for words other than fluke to describe my win.

I was barely able to win this time.


 

36 – Patience

I picked up the items left by the centipedes, and returned home.

“Haa, I’m tired…”

Taking today’s loot out from the pouch I arranged it all on the tatami mat.

“Didn’t I hear it somewhere that meat gets tender when pickled in honey?”

I don’t know if it is true or not…

I have a lot of honey, so I guess I can experiment a little.

After tenderising the meat with a hammer, I season it with salt and pepper.

One is wrapped and put in the refrigerator.

And the other is soaked in honey.

“Yeah, let’s eat this tomorrow!”

But for today, I’ll make do with the bat wings!


 

37 – Boiled Tomatoes

“I’m not sure…”

The bat wings boiled with tomatoes betrayed all my expectations and were very delicious.

It was delicious, but…

“What was the meat that I had eaten up until now…”

It was so delicious that nothing that was on the market could compare to it.

And such a delicious bat has disappeared from the first floor.

The remaining wings have become very valuable.

“Well, I still have rabbit meat…”

Transferring my hopes to the rabbit meat, I poured out the boiling tomatoes in a bowl.


 

38 – Cucumber

“Fuu, is it something like this…”

For a while, I was only spending time in the dungeon.

So I was taking care of the fields after a long absence.

I stabbed a pole in the ground to hold up the net.

Then, plant some cucumber seeds and I’m done.

I look forward to water it every morning.

Be it the dungeon or the fields.

This year finally, a fun life for me has begun.

That’s how I felt.

“Okay…”

Filled with enthusiasm, I will continue to explore the dungeon today.

As usual, there was nothing on the first floor.

I was expecting it a little, but the recoil was big.


 

39 – Trap

As usual I moved to the second floor, but there was something strange on the wall that went along the stairs.

Part of the wall was hemispherical.

After what happened last night, I now know to be careful.

I tried to shave off a part of it using my pickaxe.

It fell to the floor with a ‘koron’ sound.

I appraised it without picking it up.

Convening Trap: If pressed without releasing, the room will be filled with monsters.

“Scary!”

The description of the trap wasn’t very reassuring.


 

40 – Level Up

It seems I removed it successfully, so I threw it in the pouch.

“Well, where is fluffy?”

I was searching for rabbits to raise my level.

I have 2 flares remaining.

So the crash-death operation can be executed two more times.

As I continued my search, I came across the hateful beehive room.

“Not here yet.”

I will exterminate it when I reach level 4.

I also made sure to check the ceiling when exploring.

“Oh, there it is.”

I found the burrow and fixed the pickaxe the same way as yesterday.

“Fi~re~”

 

Prev   Index   Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment