Underground Dungeon 001-010

1 – Earthquake

“Okay, I guess this is it for today.”

I mumbled as I rested the pickaxe on my shoulder.

I put away the farming tools and rested my gaze across the wide veranda.

“Yes, there are still a few stones, but it’s alright.”

I murmured as I poured barley tea into my ice-filled glass.

And that night…

Gogogogogogo…

After being pushed around by the vibrations, I felt the earth move under the tatami mats.

I peel off the tatami mats and floorboards.

There was a staircase leading into the darkness…

“Oi oi, what’s going on?”

I couldn’t see the bottom even when tried to look using a flashlight.

Why did such a thing appear under my house?


 

2 – Precious Land

I was scared and so I kept watch over it until the sun rose, but nothing happened.

There is no one else other than me in this house.

Even though I’m not close to my relatives, I inherited this land from an old lady I met by chance.

As someone who inherited this land, I cherish it.

If something happens, you can’t just turn away from it…

I quit my company at the age of 32, and farm to make ends meet, but this kind of life is very fulfilling to me.

Why is that…

“Why… damn it!”

And now in this land that I cherish there is this huge hole that I don’t know where it came from.

My anger was already at its peak.


 

3 – Who!

I grabbed the pickaxe from the barn and headlight from the box containing fishing gear.

Yes, I have every intention of investigating this hole.

“Aunt, if I die, let’s play again, okay…”

I mutter and slowly make my way down the stairs.

Of course I have no intention of dying.

I walked down for a few minutes or so before the last few steps were illuminated.

And when finally look up after keeping my eyes down all the way.

I saw something crawling on the ground.

“Who is it!? Making this weird hole right under my house!! I’ll kill you!!”

I thought it was the criminal, so I shouted.


 

4 – Failure

It doesn’t look like it is approaching me so I’ll get closer myself.

And then I notice it’s not human.

It was a giant caterpillar.

It ended up seeing me approach, so I looked up.

It was a failure.

I look up and the ceiling lit up with my headlight.

The light was similar to an attack.

There was a huge bat that it attacked.

“Uwa ah aaaaaaaa!!!!!”

It was an embarrassing scream but I’m glad I was quick to escape.

The stairs also appeared quickly, probably won’t even make it halfway.

“Just… what was it…”


 

5 – My Land

I returned to my house and thought about it for a moment.

What to do? What to do?

Where should I report it?

Police? SDF? Fire-fighters?

What was the number? 10? Wait, that’s wrong…

The numbers you don’t usually use don’t come out when you need them.

In the end, I ended up holding my phone for over 30 minutes.

As I gradually calmed down and my head cooled down a bit, I could afford to properly think about this.

And notice that I’m unable to contact anywhere.

Because this is my land, my precious land.

If I report it anywhere, my land may be blocked off.


 

6 – Revenge

Adjusting a knife on my belt, carrying the pickaxe on my shoulder and equipped with my headlights.

In addition to the equipment above, I increased the number of knives.

When I walked down the stairs and illuminated the floor, I saw a rat.

The size is around 60cm?

“Too big…”

I lit up the terrifying ceiling but there were no bats this time.

But from here on

“Suuu… haa… good!”

I hold up the pickaxe and attack the rat.

I didn’t get counterattacked but the feeling on my hands is not pleasant.

When the rat died, it faded into the light after a few seconds.

And it left something glowing behind.


 

7 – Dungeon

“What’s this?”

It’s shining and looks like fangs or nails…

It had such a shape but I couldn’t tell which.

“Hmm?”

I looked up and observed.

The phenomenon that occurred after it died.

I think I’ve seen it somewhere.

It was a game that was popular when I was a kid.

There was something similar in the game’s facilities.

“No way… Oi… no way…”

And I remember the name and content of the game.

“Dungeon… is it?”

This was an entity called a dungeon.


 

8 – Aisle

I kept what looked like a fang into my waist pouch and continued to explore.

The same rat appeared multiple times but I’ve yet to encounter the bat and caterpillar again.

“Don’t tell me that the appearance of the monsters are reset every time…?”

I don’t even know what time it is…

The room just down the stairs was a big room.

But there was a harvest.

I found a passage.

When I looked into it, it was jammed with caterpillars.

“What the hell is this!?”

Really, what’s this? Is.

I can’t get in or move, that’s how jammed it is.


 

9 – Liquid

Effortlessly hitting the caterpillar with the pickaxe, they disappear without any resistance.

What the caterpillar left behind was a liquid in a test-tube.

“Green… is it a potion? No, let’s find out later.”

Closing the test-tube, I illuminated the front.

“Uwaa….up…”

There was a caterpillar.

Not one or two.

They were packed in a small room.

Up, down, left, right, everywhere.

If you’re too grossed out by Guro, the caterpillar on the top spit out some liquid.

I avoided it just by a little and the place where it hit has melted off.

“Ha…haha…”


 

10 – Caterpillar

“Haha…hahaha…”

Great, my emotion meter has completely crossed the limit.

“I’ll kill you!!”

Holding out the pickaxe and using one leg as the base point, I start spinning.

With the additional weight of the pickaxe, the rotation will be faster.

And as it is…

“Hahahahahahahahah!!! Die!! Die!! Die!!”

I jumped into the mountain of caterpillars.

One caterpillar disappears, one falls down and then one disappears again.

It didn’t take long to destroy them.

A lot of items were dropped but there were things I was interested in so I was observing them first.

Yes, there was a wooden box left.

 


-------

TN: I know the first few chapters have already been translated, but I wanted to start from the beginning. Also, this is my first time translating, so make sure you comment below if you like it or not. 

The chapters will be released in batches as they are mostly 100-150 words in length.


Prev   Index   Next








Next PostNewer Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment