Underground Dungeon 146-150

 146 – Help

"Seedling? What kind of seedling is that?"

Mutant berry seedling: a very hardy berry seedling whose fruit is edible.

"Oof, that's an unusually long description."

I was impressed by the oddity, but if it was edible, it would be a good idea to plant it in the garden.

I tried to put it in my pouch with a smile on my face, but it seemed that I couldn't put the seedling in there.

We called it quits for this search and quickly plowed the garden to expand the field.

Aoi is moving small stones out of the way with her beak.

Midori also used her mouth to pull out the weeds.

It took less time than I expected.


 

147 – Restaurant

Two days passed like this, and here came the first customer I saw.

It was a man in a suit, still young but with grey hair in places.

“Can I help you?”

I asked him, and he said yes.

"First of all, it's nice to meet you. I've decided to open a restaurant in this area, so I've come to say hello."

I see. I asked him why he wanted to open a restaurant in this sparsely populated area.

He said he wanted to open a restaurant in a place with strong local ties.


 

148 – Staring

"I know I'm late, but I'm the owner, Mr. Furuya."

Mr. Furuya had already greeted the Mitsui family.

We had tea for a while, and he seemed to like the jelly they served him.

Needless to say, it was a jelly made from the fruit of the hiratori fruit.

Since it was the first time he had eaten the fruit, he showed a strong interest in it.

He told me that Mr. Mitsui had told him about my house.

"Oh, I see, then you can find it there"

I pointed my finger at the fruit in the garden.

But Mr. Furuya was staring at Aoi and Midori, not at the fruit.


 

149 – Please give me

"Oh, it's unusual, isn't it?”

I asked with a bitter smile.

Then Mr. Furuya looked at me and nodded.

"Yes, it is rare! Such a beauty! That chicken! And horse! I've never seen them before!"

He tried to speak calmly at the beginning, but soon he spoke in high spirits.

"Mr. Ide! Please give those kids to me!”

"No!”

“Er...”

Um...

They're precious children of mine, I can't give them away.

He gave up immediately, saying, "Well, that's just the way it is."

He didn't seem to be a bad person, thank God.


 

150 – Welcome

"Aoi, Midori, come here!'

When I called out, Aoi climbed on Midori's head and Midori ran to me.

I stroked her head.

"This is Furuya-san, he's going to live near here."

When I told them, Aoi and Midori shouted and then rubbed up against Mr. Furuya.

"Oh, it's not what it looks like, it's fluffy to the touch.”

Aoi and Midori quickly retreated, though Furuya-san was impressed somehow.

"Let's get down to business, can you supply that fruit to my store as well?”

So that's what this is about.


To support this translation and read ahead, kindly consider supporting me on patreon!


Prev    Index    Next



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment