Flame User 1-11

 1-11 - BOSS, Holy Angels Society Twelfth Level Angel Maurier (1)

The good smell of bread... I had never seen bread like this before, even in the village.

The bread I ate in the village was hard, just flour kneaded and baked. But the bread in this store was fluffy, fluffy, fluffy.

We were given a wooden tray.

“You put whatever bread you want on this and pay for it, right?”

"Yes. Yes, Your Highness, please take whatever you like. I'll get it.”

“Thank you very much. Then...”

“Hey, hey, hey. You want anything? Which one should I choose?”

"Hey, country boy... pick your favourite.”

“All right, all right!”

My first bakery.

I can say it clearly now. I'm... glad I became a bodyguard.

I'm thankful for Prim, and I'm shopping for bread.

"Okay, this round one and this long, thin one. And the black one and the curved one!”

"Flare. Can you eat that much?”

"Yes. I'm starving. Prim, you should eat a lot.”

“Yes. Okay, Aichella, I'll have a croissant.”

“Yes! I know it's presumptuous of me, but I'll choose the same thing as the princess. In other words, the princess and I are connected through our stomachs...”

“Aishera, you are not eating.”

"Ugh. Well, that's what you want... okay.”

“Hey, Prim, why don't you leave her here?”

"I'll give it some serious thought...”

Next thing I know, ---- the ceiling of the bakery exploded.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Princess!!" "Prim!"

"Eh? Eh?"

Aishera covered Prim, and I shouted and kicked away the falling debris at the same time.

The ceiling exploded.

No, it didn't. It collapsed under the force of something big.

"What!?" "Kyaaaa!!" "Uhhhhhh!!"

“Get out of here!” “Mike, Miiikeee!” “Mommy!”

The store is crowded with people who have been hit by debris and people in a panic.

Bleeding mothers, crying children, old people crushed by the rubble... it was awful.

Aishera protected Prim from the debris.

"Are you all right, my lady?”

“Ah, Aishera! Aishera!”

“Ugh...”

“Let me see.”

I look at Aishera's back.

I forcefully rip her shirt open and Prim says, "Ah," but I ignore her. Her shoulders and chest were badly bruised. She must have been hit by debris.

I take out my charm and apply it to Aishera's bruises.

“[Self-healing Lee Yashi]… That should help a little.”

The charm took on a faint glow, and Aishera's face flushed with surprise.

"The pain is receding...!”

“It's an enhancement of your self-healing ability. It only relieves the pain and it takes time to heal completely.”

"...Huh, Flare.”

“Prim. You're injured...”

Prim was looking at the ceiling, which was gone.

At the same time, I look up.

“What the hell is that guy?”

“Oh, no, no…”

“Prim?”

Prim was trembling.

A burly man was floating in the air. He wore a white robe with a cross emblem engraved on it.

The man said without looking at us.

"I am Maurier, Angel of the Twelfth Rank of the Church of the Holy Angels. The seventh princess of the White Pearl Kingdom, Primavera. Come out.”

It was not a loud voice.

Nevertheless, the voice of the "angel" who called himself Maurier echoed well in the town.

“N-no, no, no, no”

"Prim, what the hell is that? Is he the enemy?”

"The Church of the Holy Angels... an angel. An evolved form of humanity, the most powerful race.”

"That's an angel? That's an old man.”

A little fat guy floating in the air. That was my impression.

Then, the little fat guy looked at me.

“Pig.”

“What?”

“You stink. You're livestock.”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“The little fatty pointed his hand at me and a pure white light flew towards me.”

"What? Wait!”

I instantly concentrated the "flame" in my hands and canceled out the light with something.

Good. I was able to offset it with fire. What's with the little fat guy?

"Hey, you did this to the bakery! I hadn't even eaten bread yet!”

“...Why are you still alive?”

Not interested in me, the little fat man turned his head forward immediately after the light shone.

You bastard...I'm getting pissed off already.

"Hey, Prim. Is this the enemy?

“Yeah...”

“Can we knock him out?”

“No, you can't.  There's a difference between angels and humans! Human weapons can't even scratch an angel! Angels, angels... are in a different dimension in every way.”

"Hmm. And they're enemies? I mean, they seem to be after you, don't they?”

Oh, shoot. I might have said something I shouldn't have.

The little fatty looked at me, or rather... at Prim.

"Hmm. That's a fine pig. You must be Primavera, the seventh princess of the White Pearl Kingdom?”

"Hii...!”

"My mission is complete when I have finished you off. Goodbye.”

A spear of light flies from the little fat man's hand.

I stepped forward to protect Prim, and flicked the spear of light with my flaming fist.

"...? How can you prevent the Angel's Spear?”

"I don't know. But I get it... hey, little fatty, I'll beat the shit out of you!”

"Pig. Do you think a pig can beat an angel?”

Pig, pig, pig.

I steeled myself and walked through the rubble to the ceiling of the bakery.

And then I saw it.

The bakery wasn't the only one affected. Bastard...

"Little fatty, did you just... destroy the town?”

"What? What's wrong with destroying a pigsty?”

“I mean, you're the pig by the looks of it, right? You're a pig.”

“Hmm. No pig has ever been able to talk so much to an angel before. Well, he's still a pig.”

“I'm going to make you squeal!”

I hit the little fat man, burning my hands.

The roof was gone, so I ran over the skeleton. But the little fat man dodges my fist easily...

"Flame? ... Hmm?”

I tried to punch the little fat man, but his face changed colour.

“N-n-no way, it's the flames of hell!?”

"Duraaaa!!"

"Bugababa!?"

My fist exploded on the surprised little fat man's dove tail.

The sound and smell of burning meat came from the sizzling, and a large burn spread across the little fat man's stomach.

"Gyaaaaaaa!? Ajuaaaaaaaaaaaa!?"

"Yes! Looks like it works!”

“The Demon Lord of Hell's Gate should have been burned to the ground!”

“The Demon Lord of Hell? What's that? I've eaten all the flames.”

"Haaaaaa!?"

Holding his stomach, the little fat man floated up, sweat trickling down his face.

But then his expression changed.

Stained with anger, his face twisted into an ugly mess.

"You, you, you!! Don't you pigs take me for a fool! Don't fuck with the angels!”

“It smells good. Smells like burning pig.”

“Damm it!”

What a surprise, two wings spread out from the little fat man's back, and a silver spear was born in each hand.

"Holy Angels Church Twelfth Level Angel Maurier! I'll take care of you!”

I remember my teacher telling me that.

When the other person says his or her name, you should say yours. No matter who you are, be polite.

I took a stance and said my name.

The Jyutouryuu is a fusion of spellcraft and physical arts. The teacher taught me the kata of Cursed Fighting Style. The third level is my rank.

As a spellcaster, it's a low rank. But no matter what your rank, it is important to identify yourself in a serious competition.

"Valflare, third level spellcaster of the Cursed Fighting Style Class A. Come on, I'll curse you!”

And so my battle... my first battle with an angel began.


To support this translation and read ahead, kindly consider supporting me on patreon!


Prev    Index    Next


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: